The Living Tarot Oracle is a team effort involving at least 40 people from the 22 Oracles to Gatekeepers, Integrators, Guides and support. It takes a combination of skills, connections, and dedication to make it a successful event for all involved. Producing the event can take up to 6 months preparation, which includes recruiting people for each of the role. Each event will need a Production Team to carry the process through from beginning to end.
The Living Tarot Oracle Production Team
The production team (PT) of 4-6 members does all the necessary logistical work of producing the event. They meet regularly 3-6 months in advance via phone conferences or in person to make decisions and plan all the details from promotion, communicating with the venue, budget management, and cast wrangling. PT members are invited to attend all the Gateway training at no cost and will also receive a percentage of the profits as a stipend.
Profits from the event are split evenly between the PT members, the Living Tarot Oracle, and Julia Hesse. See below for estimated costs and income. The profits are generated from ticket sales (the cost of the tickets is set by the PT), sponsors, donations and program ad sales. The PT also looks at ways to support their own and the cast members’ businesses.
PT Members will have a combination of the following connections and skills:
- Promotion: Marketing experience and connections to solicit live or print interviews and articles before and after the event – Ad sales for the program and recruit sponsors for the event – Print: posters, programs, stickers for the program
- Venue logistics: Be the connection with the venue to scedule times, keys, deposits etc.
- Retain a low-cost or free venue for the training
- Application Process: selection of participants from the applicants
- Staging and technical: Design the layout and the flow of the event; handle lighting and sound needs.
- Security: It’s good to have a few people as designated security team
- Recruit sponsors and sell ad space in program
- Budget and Money Handler: Track expenses and income at the door
- Vendor Tables
- Fundraising (to promote the event and earn money for cast stipends).
- Poster and program design (We have a standard design we can use. depending on what the PT wants.)
Estimated Costs for Production -This can vary widely from city to city
- Venue: $0-$3,000 for weekend
- Rehearsal space: Free-$1000
- Promotional Materials: $1000-$4,000, design and printing
- Miscellaneous Production Costs: $100-$1000 (masking tape, decorating, lights, etc.)
- Food for “breakdown” party: $ 200-$400
Ask if you would like to see a budget from a previous Living Tarot Oracle event.
The LTO income depends on each specific event, the price of the tickets, ad sales, vendors, catering and fundraising.
To ensure financial viability ticket prices start at $15 for one card with $10 for each additional card. It is up to the PT to decide what is best for their community. Anticipate 300-600 people attending the event over the entire weekend.
Contact Julia Hesse at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the discussion to bring the LTO to YOUR community!
What Living Tarot Oracle alumni say:
“I’ve already had people tell me what an incredible time they had this weekend at the LTO, how deeply meaningful their encounters were with the Oracles, and that they went off into the Durango evening and just continued to work through and talk about what they experienced. Well done, everyone, well done!”